Dr. Shamasuddin Gaad (Vets protect pets)


wHo aM I?

 I am concerned with the profession of Veterinary Science for 32 years. Web theme design is my hobby and I feel very happy to use my creativity in this new kind of art.  My professional qualifications are DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) and MSc in Animal Production (UK). The vets are always alert to save the lives of the animals on their level best and I am one of them...

The Knowledge of Animal Husbandry and veterinary Science offers the opportunity to the students to the basic as well as advanced courses on all aspects of concerned with Livestock Disease control and production… Students can get the DVM and postgraduate studies and specializing in various courses regarding Livestock production… These studies provide opportunities to students to learn science by practice. It also caters to the needs of Livestock farming community world wide and maintains close collaboration with various stakeholders in these industries.

 "One litre of milk supplies as much calcium as 21 eggs, 12 kg of lean beef or 2.2 kg of whole wheat bread Nutritional value of milk"

Milk production can be defined as the quantity of good quality milk obtained from animals per year in relation to feed, housing, veterinary facilities, stockmanship and capital resources. Milk production is a result of genetic, hormonal, physiological, environmental and nutritional factors.Milk production, however, is very seasonal in various species of cattle and buffaloes. Milk production is also influenced by the distribution of livestock population throughout the regions in tropical countries. In these regions milk is produced in extensive, semi-intensive or fully intensive milk production systems.

The milk is composed of 80 to 90 percent of water. The remaining 10 percent is composed of the major nutrients needed by the body for good health, including fats- carbohydrates, proteins, minerals, and vitamins.

Cow milk typically contains about 3.5 to 5 percent fat. It provides a characteristic taste and texture to the milk and is a source of vitamins A, D, E, and K as well as certain fatty acids that the body cannot produce it self.

Milk contain lactose, a kind of sugar- gives milk its sweet taste. Lactose is a carbohydrate that is broken down by the body to supply energy. Infants digest lactose easily, but many adults cannot digest this sugar. When these adults drink milk they often suffer gastric distress and diarrhoea.

The most important component of milk is protein in the form of casein and accounts for 80 percent of milk protein. Casein is a complete protein and contains all of the essential amino acids. Casein molecules and globules of fat- deflect light rays passing through milk, giving milk its opalescent appearance. Other proteins like, albumin and globulin are also present in milk.

Milk contains many types of minerals, for example, calcium and phosphorus as well as smaller amounts of potassium, sodium, sulphur, aluminium, copper, iodine, manganese, and zinc. Milk is perhaps the best dietary source and is an excellent source of vitamins A and B2 (riboflavin). Milk in its natural form, directly from a cow, is called raw milk. It is an extremely versatile product from which many commercial products are derived.


    Contact me.